Friday, February 11, 2022

Elder Rules

 So we have an update to the scheduling dilemma....

Elder followed up with one of his managers just now--no script, kinda showed, but he was ok without it. Full disclosure, I was not even on the same floor when he made the call, but he has one volume setting: loud.

Anyhoo, I heard him dial in and greet his manager professionally, politely, and enthusiastically. He was appropriately apologetic for any inconvenience he was causing, and they came to a mutually agreeable solution. 

And he came upstairs with a gloating grin. Because he showed me, didn't he?

I grinned back. "So what did we learn?"

Grinned dimmed slightly, "when you tell me to schedule time off, to schedule the time off."

"And that would have solved a whole lot of grief up front, wouldn't it?"

Still grinning, but now slightly annoyed: "Yes, mom."

What kind of mom would I be if I didn't ensure he learned something from his escapades?

No comments: