Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for when things go well

Nic had a great time with B on his bowling adventure yesterday, but told me 'he missed me so much and am so glad to be back in my little home."

Methinks Nic is conflicted. He had a good time without me and he feels guilty that he had a good time without me. I am working on getting him to think it's okay to have fun in my absence. But I was the same way with my mom and can indeed hear her voice echoed in mine as I say "Go! Have a great time!" And mean it.

While he was bowling, in another part of the forest, I took my little G off to Build-a-Bear. His matter-of-fact demeanor in choosing his bear, accoutrements, stuffing, and naming (He wanted "Build-A-Bear" on the bear's 'birth' certificate but we settled on Tecumseh) belied his real feelings, because once we were out of the store, he was talking to his bear, cuddling up with him, and carrying him everywhere.

He was annoyed when he made the Bear stop at home instead of going to school this am.

G cuddled up with Tecumseh at bed time last night and slept very well. And he stayed in his own bed, for the first time in months.

I'm liking the bear. Almost as much as G does.

No comments: