Thursday, August 9, 2007

Isolation

For as much as I network, for as much as I put myself out there, and try to get my boys involved in different things, I find autism terribly isolating.

We're doing a special needs tennis program this summer, and even there my boys stand out.

Not in a good way.

I'm trying to get my younger son, who has shown alarming regression, more services. But his case manager has repeatedly sat on my requests, then answers weeks later telling me that it 'isn't her job.'

My older son, for all his intelligence and progress, still has poor social skills and impulse control. My younger son is starting to display these as well.

And I was taken to task for not noticing that a package of turkey I bought at Costco was not vacuum sealed. With the rest of my world falling apart around me, I honestly can't bring myself to care.

As an adult on the spectrum, I need to keep lists of everything I need to do, pay attention to and keep track of the house, my job, my kids, their needs, their stuff....and I am finding that I can't manage the weight of it all right now.

I'm in a tough place. Keep me in your prayers and thoughts.

No comments: