Sunday, August 10, 2008

So I don't know best

Just a quick write up of the conference at PSU--great conference, we gave a great talk, and I make a cameo at the end of Webcast session 89 (Friday) at the hour 16-17 minute mark.

The closing key note is in direct contradiction with my previous post. Apparently, I need to pursue B despite what his parents think. Man, that puts me in a tough place. I get what they say, he needs his peers and friends among his peers who will have his back.

But as I've said here before, this last mile, this parent acceptance, is overall a mile of really, really bad road. The calls/emails will start shortly, wherein all the moms I NEVER hear from in the school year call or email to see what class Nic is in, the better to head off having THAT kid in THEIR kid's class.....

Girding for harder times ahead.

No comments: