Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Another Fork in the Road

 I don’t want to write about the adulting stuff. My adulting stuff. Boring AF.

I’m trying to figure out my own way while trying to keep my guys on track and on task. 

But my older guy surprises and delights. In the last 6 months, he’s surging past the regressions of lockdown in a variety of ways. Okay, we haven’t gotten to FTE yet, but I realize he’s not there yet. However, his gigs have all contributed to his overall growth: at his theater job, he learned football and has a topic of conversation that’s relatable to, well, anyone really, but particularly those who bleed green.

At his bingo gig, he’s learning how to navigate other people’s crazy, bringing his compassion and other gifts to bear on some tricky social situations.

And he received an overwhelmingly positive review from his non profit job. His only Needs Improvement is an area that most people stumble on. He has a ton of opportunity to make good and better for his next review.

Younger guy is just awesome. He brought elder a surprise today just because he wanted to. He’s thoughtful with regard to his brother. 

The vice is not always versa, but nobody’s perfect,

No comments: