- Nic survived his first year of middle school
- Gabriel enjoyed his week of tae kwon do camp--new actitvity? We'll see
- Nic is playing township basketball in our neighboring township--and enjoying it
- Hubby has volunteered to coach CYO soccer
- Gabriel played his first piano recital
- Mom ran her first Warrior Dash
- Mom's also trying her hand at something new professionally
We've been a little busy. Nic also went over the township pool on his own last week and made a new friend. Sounds like a minor thing, but in my world, all these signs of emerging competence and independence are huge.
I celebrate my birthday this year by celebrating all the milestones that, 10 years ago, I never thought I'd see. And as my kids discover new skills and abilities, I, too, am finding ways that I need to grow and develop. That we are learning and growing together and individually in tandem with one another is a beautiful thing.
I haven't figured it all out--I probably never will--but there is a growing peace within me as I recognize a bit more readily what I can control and what I can't. And understanding that there is very little I can actually control has been very liberating, indeed.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
The latest, in no particular order: