Wednesday, July 25, 2007

what a week....

We have a hit a variety of highs and lows I have yet to record, but I'm still processing everything. A trip to a new playground yielded much success and enthusiasm--we found a larger castle playground that is better contained, has easy access to bathrooms and is well shaded.

And, far enough afield from home so that we don't have to deal with people who know us.

Sounds good? Well, it was until I made the mistake of meeting friends there yesterday. Apparently, Nic feels he needs to make me pay for any social interaction I have on these outings, because among other infractions he

-Told another kid to get the F8ck out of his way (yes, my kid, who knows but never uses this word)
-Spat water from the top of the slide onto another kid's head

I'm kind of thinking that the kids there (the same kids who kept telling on him) were also egging him on. Which sucks. Am I going to stop going there? No way. I'm sure we'll meet those kids again, and I'm sure they will deal.

Oh, and then there was the church experience (eye roll). Last Sunday, Nic was lying on the floor under the pew. We sit in the back and I thought "he's not bothering anyone." And then he somehow wedged his leg from knee to foot at a 90 degree angle from the floor. And he started wailing.

Me and five other adults managed to calm him down and pry him out after about 10 minutes. I guess we should have left, but I didn't want to 'reward' Nic for his misbehavior.

We'll continue to go to church. He has to learn. But he makes it hard. And the looks. Again, I guess I should have left with my head down in shame, but I stayed til the end. Well, this is my life. Cloistering my kids isn't the solution, so everybody else better get used to them....

No comments: