Friday, January 23, 2009

The confluence of weirdness that was my Friday

It all started with a 7:25 phone call. And it rolled downhill at an alarming rate for the next, oh, 5 or so hours.

So R's mom calls and tells me that they are going to implement the experiment that was Nic's first grade experience into grade 4. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I don't think so.

I get the best minds in my circle on it.

While that's simmering, BIL calls DH about the birthday thing. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell DH I called BIL. OOPS. DH is decidedly unhappy with me.

So while these two things are going on, I have a work training. That goes okay. And then the person I was training with disappears behind closed doors with the main boss.

OOPS.

Then my brother calls asking to go to lunch. I'm about 20 miles away. He rightly senses that my laughter is a little frantic and succeeds in *really* making me laugh. And while he's on the line, E brings me a soft pretzel, and it's still hot.

My day does its shift in that moment.

Meanwhile, my friends are all cheering me on; my posse has come to the rescue with a plan of action for the school sit; the work sit rights and rectifies; and oh yes, Nic brought home a 98 on his latest math test.

And now the boys are finishing up Nic's pinewood derby car for the big race tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good--definitely better than I was 12 hours ago.

My friends, without a doubt, rock.

No comments: