Sunday, February 6, 2011

Too much going on

I have an interview that I am due to post in less than 5 hours, but I'll think about that later.

(Yes, a special guest! I haven't done that in a while, so we are due)

I have G sort of bouncing and stimming on the couch next to me; Nic is looking at picture books; even though they are G's books, I prefer him reading to doing screen time, so I'll give it a pass.

My family left about an hour ago; we celebrated mom and Nic's birthdays with a lot of food and a lot of conversation and laughter. As the kids get older, these gatherings get easier, in more ways than one. Everyone behaved and played nice, and that's all I care about.

I'm just chugging along; scouts continues (G placed 5th in the Pinewood Derby last week; Nic shed tears that he did not win a trophy.) Nic had done such a great job helping run the concession stand the previous evening at the fund raiser that he spent more time hanging with his den than with me at the concession stand at the derby--good stuff.

I don't think Nic is ready for Boy Scouts, but we are going to give the local Troop a shot and see how it goes. At worst, it'll give him something to do and keep him out of trouble.

The boys have also joined a bowling league, and as it happens, all seven boys are 'of the tribe' and more or less on the same place on the spectrum. The first meeting went pretty well; the kids had fun.

G's religious education chugs along. I need to make a move with regard to Nic; just wondering how I am going to do it, but I need to do it soon, regardless of the how.

I still like what I am doing, and have taken on some more stuff to learn. I figure it can't hurt.

Feeling peaceful. But very tired.

No comments: