Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tennis, anyone?

A local college is running a free tennis clinic for the disabled in our area. Once a pretty competitive player myself, I thought this may be a good way to get my boys interested.
I have no pics (since I was working with both of them, hand over hand, on their respective swings--tricky, since G is a southpaw), but I THINK, I HOPE I may have opened a new door to them. We'll miss next week's clinic, but we should be able to make the remaining four. And I think they will actually want to come back.

And this may be a good OT exercies for both boys, working on upper body strength and eye to hand coordination. I had a vicarious thrill holding the racquet, connecting with the ball, and making the ball land in a fair area of the court with both boys. I can still play. I'd love to be able to play this sport I love with them both.....

No comments: